qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] A question about tb_next_offset[2]

From: Kartik Ramkrishnan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] A question about tb_next_offset[2]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:49:13 -0700

Hello all,

   I am running an i386 binary in user mode using qemu.

   In the code, I am looking for the next location that the simulated
program counter jumps to when a TranslationBlock completes execution. This
address should be the guest address, not the address on the host.

I found a variable called tb_next_offset[2] in 'struct TranslationBlock' in
exec-all.h ,  which says (offset of original jump target). It sounds like
the jump offset can be added to the target code's last address to obtain
the new PC value.

Am I interpreting tb_next offset's meaning correctly ? I am also confused
about how I should concatenate the two elements in the array in order to
get the jump offset.

Thanks,

Kartik.