qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question on Qemu IOAPIC ID

From: David Kiarie
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question on Qemu IOAPIC ID
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 11:12:44 +0300

Hello all,

I, working on AMD IOMMU interrupt remapping would like to ask some
questions on Qemu IOAPIC id.

I currently have a problem in that Linux AMD IOMMU driver expects at least
one IOAPIC on the chipset to have ID 0xa0 while Qemu IOAPIC id is always 0.
I am faced with two options
   -Change IOAPIC id so that it always matches what Linux AMD IOMMU driver
expects. In this case I am not sure which problems I could encounter with
this approach.
   -Have a way to configure IOAPIC ID based on emulated IOMMU.

I prefer the first approach since it's quite simple but would like to hear
other opinions regarding this issue.

David.