qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] PEXT returns wrong values, seemingly switches arguments

From: Szolnoki Lénárd
Subject: [Qemu-devel] PEXT returns wrong values, seemingly switches arguments
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:45:46 +0200

Hi,

I fiddled with BMI2 instructions and discovered that pext instructions
emulated with "qemu-x86_64 -cpu Haswell" return the wrong value. It
seemingly switches up its arguments. I suspect that the error is around the
gen_helper_pext(..) call in target-i386/translate.c. I checked helper_pext
in target-i386/int_helper.c and it works fine.

I ran my program on a CPU with BMI2 instruction set too, and it indeed
returns different values.

I didn't check pdep, it could have the same problem.

Best regards,
Lénárd Szolnoki