qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VFIO PCIe Extended Capabilities

From: Alex Williamson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VFIO PCIe Extended Capabilities
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:51:02 -0600

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 20:39:26 +0000
Spenser Gilliland <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Anyway, the current behavior is clearly a bug, so QEMU hard freeze
> >> should be irrelevant.  If anyone wants to take over the patch, feel
> >> free.  Thanks,
>
> > I suppose I can handle it, but sadly not for 2.7.
> > If Spencer has some time now he can help by testing it and reviewing it
> > quickly :)
>
> I'd be happy to help; but that patch really just more permanently breaks my
> current workaround ;-) .

How so?  The patch should make extended config space disappear when the
device is not on a PCIe bus.  This is the correct behavior per the
PCIe spec.  Are you trying to exploit this QEMU bug to see some PCIe
capabilities but not others?  That's wrong, you'll need to move the
device to a PCIe slot to get extended capabilities.

> This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the named
> recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information that may be proprietary,
> privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended
> recipient, do not read, copy, or forward this email message or any
> attachments. Delete this email message and any attachments immediately.

You're sending email to a public list, please stop including these.
Thanks,

Alex