qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/32] pc, pci, virtio: new features, cleanups

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/32] pc, pci, virtio: new features, cleanups, fixes
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:11:30 +0100

On 14 June 2016 at 20:59, Michael S. Tsirkin <address@hidden> wrote:
> changes from v1:
>     - fixed up build on 32 bit
>     - fixed up build on old glibc
>
> Peter, I could not reproduce the issue with noipmi that
> you reported. Could it be a merge artifact?
> I rebased to latest master to help avoid these.

No, this still fails on every machine and config I test on.

I suggest you just fix this to use the stub machinery
which we already know works, rather than trying to
debug whatever's going wrong with what you're trying.

Also, format string issues:

/home/petmay01/qemu/hw/acpi/nvdimm.c: In function 'nvdimm_rw_label_data_check':
/home/petmay01/qemu/hw/acpi/nvdimm.c:568:9: error: format '%lx'
expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but arg
ument 4 has type 'uint64_t' [-Werror=format=]
         nvdimm_debug("position %#x is beyond label data (len = %#lx).\n",
         ^

thanks
-- PMM