qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Adding throttling to virtio-9p

From: Pradeep Kiruvale
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Adding throttling to virtio-9p
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 10:20:51 +0200

Hi All,

I am trying to add the throttle to the virtio-9p devices using the throttle
APIs that are already exists in the qemu.

I need help to understand the device model and where to add the throttling.
I am digging through the code since a week or so but failed to understand
how to tell the driver (virtio-9p) about the throttle enablement  for this
specific fs device.

I am planning to enable and configure the throttle for that specific device
at
int qemu_fsdev_add(QemuOpts *opts) in qemu-fsdev.c file.

After that I would like to just add throttle facility to just
virtio-9p-local.c (i.e read/wrote calls).
Though there are other drivers, I just want to add to this specific driver
as of now.

This is where I am missing the link like how to get to know the device
configuration for this specific device throttle enabled or not and carry
out the operations accordingly.

Please help me to understand.

Regards,
Pradeep