qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/4] APIC, IOMMU, KVM: add x2APIC interface

From: Peter Xu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/4] APIC, IOMMU, KVM: add x2APIC interface
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 13:36:29 +0800

On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 10:53:44PM +0200, Radim Krčmář wrote:
> This series bases on Peter's IR v6 and depends on patches that were just
> posted to kvm-list, "[RFC 0/9] KVM: x86: break the xAPIC barrier".
>
> The kernel interface could use your comments, but internal QEMU one is
> in dire need of them.  Please see [1/4].
>
> I have tested the series and seems to work as well as it can.
> Peter's IR v6 didn't boot on my setup, so I reverted to the latest
> version I know was working, v4, and rebased paches for testing.

Radim,

Would you please provide your test setup? So that I can try to
reproduce it on my machine and debug it.

> The setup from Igor's latest x2APIC QEMU patches creates two VCPUs,
> first has id 0 and second has 280.  Edge IO-APIC and MSI interrupts
> were being delivered to both of them, but level didn't work -- only
> one interrupt was ever delivered, I blame EOI.

Not sure whether this is related to the v5 fix on kernel EOI hack
(the two patches that you have reviewed)? That two patches should
solve the level-triggered interrupt issue that I have encountered,
like e1000 cards.

-- peterx