qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] segmentation fault in object.c:type_initialize_interfac

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] segmentation fault in object.c:type_initialize_interface() if interface not defined
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 18:40:31 +0300

> On 03 Apr 2016, at 15:28, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> since hw/arm/boot.o is in obj-y it should always be built,

not necessarily, in my build configuration I have if's that exclude most of the
files non related to Cortex-M.

in previous versions boot.o was not needed. in 2.5.1 you introduced a
non-obvious dependency to it and the build passed, but the program crashed.

> but we could assert on it rather than just crashing.

my suggestion is to assert, it is easier to debug a failed assertion.

regards,

Liviu