qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to extract task excution infomation from qemu

From: Sam
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to extract task excution infomation from qemu
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 02:48:09 +0000 (UTC)

We have been trying to build a multicore NoC emulator, which can runs a full
system. We plan to run the full system in qemu and get information from
traces to feed noxim,which is a NoC emulator. Noxim needs to read a taskList
to start emulating. Each task include the following data fields:

#ExecutionTime          The execution time of this task

#InputTaskID[...]        The predecessors of this task(which must be
completed before starting this task)

#InputReady[...]        Indicate whether the predecessors are ready. If all
predecessors are ready, this task can be fired.

#OutputTaskID[...]      The successor tasks(need this task be completed
first)

#OutputProcessorID[...] The processors holding the successor tasks

#OutputPkgSize[...]     The data size of communication between this task and
the successor tasks

So we need to extract the following task information from qemu: id of the
processor  the task runs on, the execution time, the dependency between
tasks and the data size of communication between tasks.
I've been searching on google for several days and few information has been
got. Sorry to bother you and thanks very much.