qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU singlestep

From: Aurelio Remonda
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU singlestep
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:04:23 -0300

Hello, I've been using QEMU to run an executable with monitor, and
using singlestep mode.As far as I know singlestep mode translates one
instruction at a time (please correct me if Im wrong).
My question is, can QEMU/monitor execute the translated instructions
step by step? I mean something like gdb step or stepi.

Just to make it clear: I know qemu supports debugging with gdb with
target remote localhost:1234, my question aims to control the
execution with QEMU/monitor.

Thanks!
--
Aurelio Remonda