qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC for-2.7 0/1] block/qapi: Add query-block-node-tree

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC for-2.7 0/1] block/qapi: Add query-block-node-tree
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:51:18 +0200

Am 24.03.2016 um 20:07 hat Max Reitz geschrieben:
> As I responded to:
> - http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg04464.html
> - http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-03/msg05680.html
>
> I think a general solution for querying the block node tree would be
> nice (I don't think we actually have one). The single patch in this
> series implements such a command.
>
> However, this is an RFC because I'm not sure whether we really want this
> and thus I didn't want to write the necessary tests for something we may
> be going to discard anyway.

I think we do want to have a way to query the tree structure in QMP. The
part that I'm so sure about is whether we want a recursive command or
one that just covers the children of a single node. If we want the
latter, just adding a children field (which maps role names to node
names) to query-block might be enough.

Kevin