qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ Patch 1/2] virtio-net rsc: support coalescing ipv4 tc

From: Wei Xu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ Patch 1/2] virtio-net rsc: support coalescing ipv4 tcp traffic
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:38:13 +0800

On 2016年03月18日 13:20, Jason Wang wrote:

On 03/18/2016 12:17 PM, Wei Xu wrote:
+static ssize_t virtio_net_receive(NetClientState *nc,
+                                  const uint8_t *buf, size_t size)
+{
+    if (virtio_net_rsc_bypass) {
+        return virtio_net_do_receive(nc, buf, size);
You need a feature bit for this and compat it for older machine types.
And also need some work on virtio spec I think.
yes, not sure which way is good to support this, hmp/qmp/ethtool, this
is gonna to support win guest,
so need a well-compatible interface, any comments?
I think this should be implemented through feature bits/negotiation
instead of something like ethtool.
Looks this feature should be turn on/off dynamically due to the spec,
so maybe this should be managed from the guest, is there any reference
code for this?
Then you may want to look at implementation of
VIRTIO_NET_F_CTRL_GUEST_OFFLOADS.
Have a short look at it, do you know how to control the feature bit? both when lauching vm and changing it during runtime?