qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Interested in QEMU Poject for Outreachy 2016

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Interested in QEMU Poject for Outreachy 2016
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:06:08 +0000

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 02:06:55PM +0200, Veronia Bahaa wrote:
> My name is Veronia. I'm a graduate student studying Computer and Systems
> Engineering. I have used QEMU in my undergraduate graduation project and
> I'm very interested in contributing to it through Outreachy.
>

> I'm interested in the qtest-os project. Could you point me to any
> additional documentation to read or small tasks to do in order to get
> familiar with the project?

Hi Veronia,
Thanks for your interest in Outreachy.  Please discuss the project idea
directly with Paolo Bonzini, the mentor for this project.  I have CCed
Paolo on this email.

I'd also like to invite you to join #qemu-outreachy on irc.oftc.net if
you have questions.

In general the Outreachy application process involves:

1. Checking that you are eligible to participate:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy#Eligibility

2. Discussing the project idea with the mentor.

3. Contributing a small patch (or more if you like!) to get the hang of
the open source development process:
http://qemu-project.org/BiteSizedTasks

4. Filling in the application form:
https://outreachy.gnome.org/?q=program_home&prg=6