qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Incremental backup call

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Incremental backup call
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:02:58 +0000

Hi,
There are several ongoing efforts to implement incremental
backup-related features.

Let's have a voice/video conference to get everyone on the same page,
avoid duplicated work, and get patches merged faster.

Agenda:

 * External incremental backup API.  Summarize requirements common to
third-party backup appliances and agree on suitable API direction.

 * Persistent dirty bitmaps.  Agree on how qcow2 and/or qbm will hold
bitmaps in various use cases.

 * Anything else?

Date: Tuesday, 23 February at 13:00 GMT

If you are on the CC list and the time is inconvenient for you, please
let me know so we can reschedule.  The call is public and open to
anyone.

Stefan