qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] <summary> RE: [iGVT-g] VFIO based vGPU(was Re: [Announc

From: Tian, Kevin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] <summary> RE: [iGVT-g] VFIO based vGPU(was Re: [Announcement] 2015-Q3 release of XenGT - a Mediated ...)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 06:40:12 +0000

Any feedback on above open?

btw, based on above description I believe the interaction between VFIO
and vGPU has become very clear. The remaining two services are related
to how a hypervisor provides emulation services to vendor specific vGPU
device model (more generally it's not vGPU specific. Can apply to any in-kernel
emulation requirement so KVMGT-vGPU might not be a good name). This part
is not related to VFIO at all, so we'll start prototyping VFIO related changes
in parallel.

Since this is related to KVM, Paolo, your comment is also welcomed. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin