qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding Cortex-A7 CPU definition

From: Deepak kumar Raju
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding Cortex-A7 CPU definition
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 23:38:02 +0530

Thanks Peter, will follow your suggestions to add CPU definitions for Cortex-A7.

I need to enable GIC & Generic timer in QEMU for Cortex-A7. Can you please let me know how to go about enabling GIC & Generic timer in QEMU.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,
-Deepak

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 9 February 2016 at 07:43, Deepak kumar Raju
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Can you please help me with the cortex-a7 CPU definitions/configuration that
> I need to add in QEMU. Thanks,

I'm afraid I don't have time to do this myself. I suggested
below how you can go about doing this yourself if you need it:

>> You need to look at the Technical Reference Manual for the two CPUs
>> to determine the difference. As far as QEMU is concerned the things
>> to look at are:
>>  * ID register values
>>  * supported CPU features
>>  * any implementation-specific coprocessor registers
>>
>> ...in other words, all the things we set in the
>> cortex_a15_initfn().

thanks
-- PMM