qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu io path

From: Ata Fatahi baarzi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu io path
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:57:47 +0330

hi dear all. im searching for qemu io (storage) stack. i searched a lot but just found some slides which does not present so much. is there any text explanation or article or blog post which describes precisely qemu io stack? I would be grateful if you provide something for me. and have some question hope you answer them. before ask my question its worth noting that i have an excellent background about Linux io stack and read qemu source code for main io thread and know about qemu structure, guest os ,... i read [hw/block/virtio-blk.c] and started from virtio_blk_handle_output function and trace it until reached to io_submit! that great we reached host kernel libaio syscalls. but what made me confuesd, is what and where and when th stuffs for doing a typical io request from a typical guest os starts?! now here is my questions: 1- i wanna know codes which doing so.(start an io request until io_submit get called) 2- can you give me th exact path of an io request from app in guest os through qemu until get to real disk? 3- does it possible to determin bellow featers for an io request: a- which guest os sent this io request? b- address which io request points to? c- request type read/write? d- request size? e- if there is multiple disks in system, where it is define io request is corresponds to which disk? thank a lot

--
Best Regrads
Ata Fatahi Baarzi