qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2 snapshot + resize

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2 snapshot + resize
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 13:17:00 +0100

Am 06.01.2016 um 17:30 hat Max Reitz geschrieben:

> >> No, the current resize operation just refuses to resize the image if it
> >> has any snapshots. Snapshots currently do not store the size of the
> >> image when they were created.
> >
> > Huh? I thought that we specifically added bytes 48-55 per snapshot entry
> > in the qcow2v3 description specifically so that internal snapshots DO
> > record the size of the image when the snapshot was created.
>
> Oh, you're right! Well, then that was probably the intention, yes.
> However, resizing an image with snapshots will still fail.

I guess the only thing that would need to implement something new is
qcow2_snapshot_goto(), which currently refuses to load a snapshot that
has a different disk size.

Once this is done, just removing the check in qcow2_truncate() should be
okay.

Kevin