qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2] Add support for KVM_CAP_SPLIT_IRQCHIP

From: Matt Gingell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2] Add support for KVM_CAP_SPLIT_IRQCHIP
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:12:13 -0800

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your comments. I'll address your comments and submit two
separate patches.

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 1:23 PM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> More importantly, I would like to understand what is the kernel issue
> that you are getting.  It should be resolved before 4.4 goes out in two
> months, of course.

We discovered a couple of kernel issues in the split IRQ chip case:

  * There's a missing call to kvm_make_request in
    kvm_vcpu_ioctl_interrupt.

  * req_int_win isn't set correctly in vcpu_enter_guest.

  * ready_for_interrupt_injection isn't set correctly in
    post_kvm_run_save.

I'm testing a small patch and we expect to submit that soon. With
fixes to those problems we're able to boot Windows and pass the KVM
unit tests.

Thanks,
Matt