qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: Add support for KVM_CAP_SPLIT_IRQCHIP

From: Matt Gingell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: Add support for KVM_CAP_SPLIT_IRQCHIP
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:39:41 -0700

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your feedback, I’ve made the updates you suggested.

> Your diff doesn't include the usual '---' separator and diffstat
> provided by 'git send-email'; making it a bit harder to see at a glance
> what your patch touches.

OK, understood. I’ll will use git send-email going forward.

> Nothing in the user interface seems to use this new enum, so you are
> just using it internally.  That's okay; it's not the first time.

I’m adding a new alternative to an existing command line option, since
-machine kernel_irqchip can be 'on', 'off', or 'split.' Is adding it
to the interface this way appropriate?

> Umm, you really don't want merge markers in your commit.

Thanks for catching this. I see that I pulled in a couple of junk
local changes when I generated my patch, including this merge marker
and a wonky #define in ioapic.c. I’ll update my procedures and avoid
this in future.

Thanks,
Matt