qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Quick question on NVME on qemu

From: Keith Busch
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Quick question on NVME on qemu
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:02:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015, Kevin Wolf wrote:
Am 12.10.2015 um 10:05 hat Igor Mammedov geschrieben:
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 00:39:43 -0700
sahlot arvind <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

Does qemu emulate a proper NVMe controller?  Can someone please tell me how
s far as I'm aware, QEMU doesn't emulate any NVMe controller yet.

It does, though I'm not sure how complete it is. You can use it with
-drive file=...,if=none,id=some_id -device nvme,drive=some_id

Yep, that's right. It is a basic 1.0 compliant (mostly) controller. There
are updates for up to 1.2 compliance that are in a public tree, but not
merged to mainline.

  http://git.infradead.org/users/kbusch/qemu-nvme.git

can I use it to emulate a proper NVMe controller? Is there some way to
enable logging PCI accesses to NVMe controller so that I can see what
accesses my driver or OS is doing?

It's not a problem to add more NVMe features. There's currently no such
logging mechanism, though. It shouldn't be too difficult to add if you
want to take a stab at it.