qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU Technical Talk: NVDIMM and persistent memory in QEMU

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Technical Talk: NVDIMM and persistent memory in QEMU
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 20:52:44 +0100

Marc Mari has volunteered to give the following online technical talk
on Monday, 12 October at 14:00 UTC:

"Marc Mari will present the new NVDIMM persistent memory device class
and how they integrate into QEMU and SeaBIOS.  The main concepts of
the hardware specification are covered, as well as how NVDIMMs can be
used by virtual machines.

This talk is aimed at QEMU and SeaBIOS developers."

Marc has been experimenting with Guangrong Xiao's NVDIMM patches and
is working on SeaBIOS boot-from-NVDIMM support.

To join the event:
https://plus.google.com/events/cfssoojfogaafulssb1qeijn07k

This is the first QEMU technical talk and we will be using Google+'s
Hangouts On Air feature for a live presentation.  Video will also be
archived on YouTube for viewing at a later date.

If you would like to speak on a technical topic, please contact me!  I
hope to host talks showcasing features of interest to QEMU users as
well as technical topics for QEMU developers.

Stefan