qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU+Linux ARMv7A current state

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU+Linux ARMv7A current state
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 17:28:00 -0400

On 10/05/2015 04:44 PM, Beniamino Galvani wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 11:13:33AM -0400, John Snow wrote:
>> I'm looking into the cubieboard now. Is our emulation based on any
>> particular model? (1-4?)
>
> The first model, the one with Allwinner A10.
>
>> I'm trying to see if I can find anything that resembles a spec to see
>> what kind of registers this SoC has for its SATA controller.
>
> There is some documentation on the SoC here, but apparently nothing on
> SATA:
>
> http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/A10/
>
> Beniamino

http://linux-sunxi.org/SATA looks relevant...

http://dl.cubieforums.com/files/pdf/A10_development_board_user_manual--2011.9.23_English.pdf
mentions the feature list:

The board provides one SATA interface, which features:
- Support SATA 1.5Gb/s, and SATA 3.0Gb/s
- Compliant to SATA Spec. 2.6, and AHCI Revision 1.3 Specifications
- Support industry-standard AMBA High-Performance Bus (AHB) and fully
compliant to the AMBA Specification, Revision 2.0; Support 32-bit Little
Endian
- OOB signaling detection and generation
- SATA 1.5Gb/s and SATA 3.0Gb/s speed negotiation when Tx OOB signaling
is selected
- Support device hot-plugging
- Support power management features including automatic Partial to
Slumber transition
- Internal DMA Engine for Command and Data Transactions
- Support hardware-assisted Native Command Queuing (NCQ) for up to
32-entries
- Support external SATA (eSATA)

I can't find anything else, though. I'll just have to wait from Peter to
see what registers he needed to modify to get it working.

Thanks,
--js