qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Agenda items for today's MTTCG call

From: Claudio Fontana
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Agenda items for today's MTTCG call
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 14:23:42 +0200

On 28.09.2015 11:19, Alex Bennée wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's been a while since we last synced up via phone call so could I add
> the following items for discussion:
>
> 1. Status of Alvise and Fred's trees
> 2. Any cross-pollination ideas between Alvise's LL/SC work and Emilio's
> series
>
> Emilio's series has a number of interesting features to it, not least
> that it works with softmmu and linux-user. However I do prefer the TCG
> op based approach of Alvise's tree. Is there any scope for getting the
> best of both worlds?
>
> 3. Memory barriers
>
> I now have working barrier tests which fail on real hardware when
> barriers don't exist. I'll be sending a new series soon. Again Emilio's
> tree introduces some barrier TCG ops.
>
> 4. Other outstanding work
>
> I've had a couple of people prod me with offers of help so it would be
> nice to see what other tasks are currently pending to avoid too much
> duplication of work.
>
> Does anyone else have anything then want to bring up?

Hi Alex, thanks for this and we'll hear in a few :-)

In general the way I see this is that we should start upstreaming one small
thing at a time, rather than wait for a perfect solution which starts to
include more and more patches and diverge more and more from upstream qemu.
I don't think we want to maintain a separate "MT" branch right?

Ciao,

Claudio