qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Loading image/elf to cpu that has different not system memo

From: Marcin Krzemiński
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Loading image/elf to cpu that has different not system memory address space
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 17:17:49 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to write a model of embedded board that have corterx-m3 and cotex a9 processors.
Because M3 see different memory at address 0x0 than A9 (m3 has small rom, a9 has whole ram) I created different address space for m3 (thanks Peter Crosthwaite! for hints how to do this!).
Now I stacked at loading "kernel" to start M3. If I use default address space for M3 I can load I run my elf filr (it can be image, but currently it is easiest for me with elf) all works fine.
The problem is when I switch to my new (root MR is not from get_system_memory() call ) i got execution outside RAM exception.
That is happening because there are only zeroes in memory pointed by my second address space.
The question is how can I load image to this memory (it might be elf, but binary image also is fine)?
I can not even find the code that loads data to memory in fist place. Could you point me where the loading is done in the code?

Regards,
Marcin Krzemiński