qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm system support for big endian BE8

From: sridhar kulkarni
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm system support for big endian BE8
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:48:41 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Peter,

I was able to progress well using the BE8 work in the branch that you pointed out. I am experiencing floating point issue. The qemu just exits, by putting a message that "floating point exception(core dumped)". I suppose QEMU do support floating point operations. I heard about hard floating point and soft floating point support. Is there any configuration option in QEMU for floating point?

Thanks
Sridhar

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:38 PM, Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 10:12 PM, sridhar kulkarni
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I am cc'ing few guys who have worked on the Arm big endian system support.
> I am looking at BE8. Can you please help me with the current status of the
> work on big endian support? I would really want to have this working for my
> setup.

The latest work is here, which should handle be8 and AA64 big endianness:

https://github.com/Xilinx/qemu/commits/mainline/big_endian

Regards,
Peter