qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MAINTAINERS leaves too many files uncovered

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MAINTAINERS leaves too many files uncovered
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:37:19 -0400

On 09/22/2015 05:13 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Paolo asked for an update.
>
> Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Full list of unmaintained files now:
> [...]

Full list edited down to 'sections' with replies in-line...

[ top level confetti/detritus ]
[ backends/* ]
[ coroutine-* ]
[ default-configs/* ]
[ disas* ]

> dma-helpers.c

Block?

[ docs/* ]

> docs/bitmaps.md

Mine, or otherwise at least 'block.'

> docs/blkdebug.txt
> docs/blkverify.txt
> docs/live-block-ops.txt
> docs/qcow2-cache.txt
> docs/specs/qcow2.txt
> docs/specs/qed_spec.txt

block?

[ fpu/* ]
[ hw/bt ]
[ hw/char ]
[ hw/core ]
[ hw/cpu ]
[ hw/display ]
[ hw/dma ]
[ hw/gpio ]
[ hw/i2c ]
[ hw/input ]
[ hw/intc ]
[ hw/ipack ]
[ hw/isa ]
[ hw/m68k ]
[ hw/misc ]
[ hw/moxie ]
[ hw/net ]
[ hw/nvram ]
[ hw/pci-bridge ]
[ hw/pci-host ]
[ hw/pcmcia ]
[ hw/sd ]
[ hw/timer ]
[ hw/tpm ]
[ hw/virtio ]
[ hw/watchdog ]
[ hw/xen ]
[ hw/xenpv ]

[ include/* ]
[ include/disas/* ]
[ include/exec/* ]
[ include/fpu/* ]
[ include/hw/{...see hw list above...} ]

[ libcacard/* ] forward to libcacard project?
[ pc-bios/* ]
[ po/* ]

> qemu-coroutine-io.c
> qemu-coroutine-lock.c
> qemu-coroutine-sleep.c
> qemu-coroutine.c

Stefan ... ?

[ roms/* ]
[ scripts/* ] -- pretty much a grab-bag of random stuff.
[ stubs/* ] -- I think we need a designated "build system" maintainer to
take this and other build-system related infrastructure pieces.

[ target-m68k/* ]
[ target-tilegx/* ]
[ tests/acpi-test-data/* ]
[ tests/* ]

> tests/fdc-test.c

Mine, as part of the FDC stanza.

> tests/libqos/ahci.c
> tests/libqos/ahci.h

Mine again, as part of the IDE stanza.

> tests/libqos/fw_cfg.c
> tests/libqos/fw_cfg.h
> tests/libqos/i2c-imx.c
> tests/libqos/i2c-omap.c
> tests/libqos/i2c.c
> tests/libqos/i2c.h
> tests/libqos/libqos-pc.c
> tests/libqos/libqos-pc.h
> tests/libqos/libqos.c
> tests/libqos/libqos.h
> tests/libqos/malloc-generic.c
> tests/libqos/malloc-generic.h
> tests/libqos/malloc-pc.c
> tests/libqos/malloc-pc.h
> tests/libqos/malloc.c
> tests/libqos/malloc.h
> tests/libqos/pci-pc.c
> tests/libqos/pci-pc.h
> tests/libqos/pci.c
> tests/libqos/pci.h
> tests/libqos/usb.c
> tests/libqos/usb.h
> tests/libqos/virtio-mmio.c
> tests/libqos/virtio-mmio.h
> tests/libqos/virtio-pci.c
> tests/libqos/virtio-pci.h
> tests/libqos/virtio.c
> tests/libqos/virtio.h
> tests/libqtest.c
> tests/libqtest.h

I wouldn't mind taking these, if that helped instead of being a burden.
I expect most of the time that changes to these files will go through
other trees.

Perhaps as a 'weak' assignment, but allowing e.g. virtio, i2c, etc to be
more strongly associated with those subsystems and their maintainers
instead; like I will group tests/libqos/ahci.[ch] with my IDE stanza.

[ tests/multiboot/* ]
[ tests/rocker/* ]
[ tests/tcg/* ]

> tests/test-hbitmap.c

Either me or Paolo, I guess, though I'm not sure if it's worth creating
stanzas for each single test file here. We have bigger fish to fry,
probably.

[ tests/test-qmp-* ]

Our good friend Markus.

[ util/* ] Another giant grab-bag.