qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FW: about the bdrv_invalidate_cache_all()

From: Li, Liang Z
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FW: about the bdrv_invalidate_cache_all()
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 15:21:24 +0000

Hi Kevin & Juan,

I found the function bdrv_invalidate_cache_all() in the
process_incoming_migration_co() takes more the 10ms when doing live migration
with shared storage, which prolong the service down time.

The bdrv_invalidate_cache_all() is needed when doing the live migration with
'-b' option. For live migration with share storage, such as nfs,  is it still
needed? If so, could please tell me why? If not, I think we can do some
optimization.

Liang