qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU using hugepage

From: 陈博
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU using hugepage
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 14:54:37 +0800

Hi,

My host os is CentOS6, to avoid being affected by the unstable Transparent Hugepage feature, I started to pre-allocate memory for qemu by using the kernel native hugepage.

What I’m asking here is, if the guest set huge page inside itself as well (very large guest, 32 core 128G for instance), what would happen?

Will the performance keeps on rising a little bit?

Is it really necessary to set hugepage for qemu anyway?

Regards,
Bob