qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.4 0/7] update ipxe roms, fix efi support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.4 0/7] update ipxe roms, fix efi support
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:25:40 +0100

On 21 July 2015 at 15:09, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 21/07/2015 15:57, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On 21 July 2015 at 14:47, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>> So is the proposal here that we ship a non-upstream IPXE?
>> That was less than entirely clear from the pull request...
>
> Well, it did say "This pull finally fixes the efi boot support.  ipxe is
> updated to the latest master, two non-upstream commits needed to make
> efi work are added on top, and the build process is tweaked a bit".

Right, but if you want us to switch from "we just mirror
upstream ipxe" to "we have our own ipxe" then it's probably
better to start with that, rather than by submitting a pullreq
that can't be applied until we switch our ipxe workflow.

Do we really need this for 2.4, or can we wait and sort
this out afterwards? It feels a bit late in the release
cycle to start doing this kind of thing to me.

-- PMM