qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Accessing guest kernel thread_info struct

From: Igor R
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Accessing guest kernel thread_info struct
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:43:17 +0300

Hello,

I need to access thread_info (linux kernel struct) of the guest from within qemu, when the guest is in kernel mode.
To do this, I read the stack pointer and mask it with ~(stack_size - 1). This works with x86 and ARM, but doesn't seem to work with MIPS - the pointer points to something that doesn't look like thread_info.
I get sp as follows: env->active_tc.gpr[29]
Is it correct? What could be the reason of failure?

Thanks.