qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 148, Issue 729

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu-devel Digest, Vol 148, Issue 729
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:36:56 +0300

 Hello!

> We are excited to see the GICv3 patches making progress. Thanks for putting
> in the effort.

 Thank you :)

>  I see in your message below that software emulation is not supported yet. I
> was wondering if you
could
> elaborate on what the issues are preventing GICv3 in TCG mode? Is it
> something fundamental, a lack
of
> testing, etc.?

 Actually, software emulation is developed by Shlomo Pongratz, not me. I do
some basic testing and i
would say that it works fine. The last known problem for me is that Peter
Maydell doesn't want to
review the huge .c file with SW GICv3 implementation:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-07/msg00634.html And i
don't have time to take
this over from Shlomo, because actually this is out of scope of my project.
 Recently Shlomo told that he will continue to work on it. We agreed during the
discussion that he
will handle all isues related to the emulation itself, while my job is
integration + KVM. So my next
series come without TCG part.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia