qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/22] QOM CPUState patch queue 2015-07-07

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/22] QOM CPUState patch queue 2015-07-07
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 20:23:54 +0100

On 8 July 2015 at 20:01, Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden> wrote:
> So you have caught about 10 broken PULLs in the last 48h :) I'm
> guessing you have something heavily scripted, is the test system
> available? Id like to run as much as I can over the multi-arch work in
> total as that has widespread change.

My scripts are at
https://git.linaro.org/people/peter.maydell/misc-scripts.git/tree
(in particular pull-buildtest does the testing and
remake-merge-builds tells you the configure runes for them).
But I'm really not doing anything particularly exciting here:
it's just running 'make && make check' for a bunch of
different configs on an x86 box (plus doing it on an
ARM 32-bit Linux box and on OSX). (And the linux-user
tests from the wiki tarball. I ought to do something
with the local tweaks I did to that makefile I guess.)

Most of the things I find with the pull buildtests
are just "this doesn't build in this compile
environment".

The main problem with the last 48h has been everybody
assuming they can put a pull request in at the last
moment. This is simply not physically possible given
that it takes over an hour to process each one, and
it's pretty risky given the chances of there turning
out to be a "doesn't build" failure...

thanks
-- PMM