qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] mem1 is in use, can not be deleted

From: Eduardo Otubo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] mem1 is in use, can not be deleted
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:07:52 +0200

Hello all,

I compiled the HEAD of the master branch and was testing memory
hotunplug and got to this issue. Note: I followed exactly what's written
on the docs/memory-hotplug.txt file.

QEMU 2.3.50 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) object_add memory-backend-ram,id=mem1,size=1G
object_add memory-backend-ram,id=mem1,size=1G
(qemu) device_add pc-dimm,id=dimm1,memdev=mem1
device_add pc-dimm,id=dimm1,memdev=mem1
(qemu) device_del dimm1
device_del dimm1
(qemu) object_del mem1
object_del mem1
mem1 is in use, can not be deleted

I tested with a Debian 7 running and on grub, in both situations I got
the same behavior. Anyone also got the same issue? I'll also try with a
different distro and will post back.

Regards,

--
Eduardo Otubo