qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] About usb passthru and speed mismatch

From: Lin Ma
Subject: [Qemu-devel] About usb passthru and speed mismatch
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 23:47:35 +0800

Hi Gerd,

Based on the current implementation of 'usb_host_open' in hw/usb/host-libusb.c,

When user performs usb_add, The usb device will be detached from kernel first, Then be checked for speed mismatch second. If it found speed mismatch, The usb device isn't attached to guest, But the usb device can't be reattached to kernel either.

I'd like to write patch to add 'usb_check_attach' before detaching the device from kernel _or_ add 'usb_host_attach_kernel' under 'fail:' of usb_host_open, (the latter doesn't make sense I think).
May I have your thoughts?

BTW, Have you missed a patch: "usb: Use usb_bus_find(-1) instead of usb_enabled() in usb_device_add/usb_device_del" which sending on June 4th ? May I have your thoughts about that patch as well?

Thanks,
Lin