qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Proposed 2.4 release schedule (softfreeze 16th June)

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Proposed 2.4 release schedule (softfreeze 16th June)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 15:44:32 +0100

It's time to figure out when we're going to release QEMU 2.4.
After a bit of consultation on IRC we came up with:

 * 2015-04-25 Beginning of development phase
 * 2015-06-16 Soft feature freeze.
 * 2015-07-07 Hard feature freeze.
 * 2015-07-14 Tag v2.4.0-rc1
 * 2015-07-21 Tag v2.4.0-rc2
 * 2015-07-28 Tag v2.4.0-rc3
 * 2015-08-04 Tag v2.4.0

which should give us some room for slippage without running
into KVM Forum (which is Aug 18-21 this year).

Reminder of our freeze definitions:
Softfreeze: All features should have patches on the list
 by this date; major features should have initial code committed.
Hardfreeze: Only bug fixes committed after this point

Note that this time around we've compressed softfreeze to
three weeks rather than four, so please try not to stuff
too much in just before hardfreeze :-)

As usual, schedule is at:
http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.4

Note that softfreeze is in three weeks time!

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or objections
to this proposed timescale -- the conference dates mean the
we're a bit restricted, but I think this should work OK.

-- PMM