qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How Qemu timer interrupts code emulation?

From: Jun Koi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How Qemu timer interrupts code emulation?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 23:36:14 +0800

Hi,

I am wondering how the timer interrupt works in softmmu TCG mode (on X86)?

In general, we would have timer & code execution run in parallel, then once in a while, the timer would interrupt the code execution to switch it out to execute the timer interrupt.

I looked at the code, but still confused on how the timer inform the code emulation, and how the code emulation get notified on interrupt event.

Any pointer, please?

(I am looking at X86 code)

Thanks so much,
Jun