qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] modules: enabling other kinds of modules, not only block?

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: [Qemu-devel] modules: enabling other kinds of modules, not only block?
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 11:14:28 +0300

Hello.

Is there any interest of enabling other kinds of modules, not
only block?  Eg, modular display (gtk/sdl/..) would be nice
(but not exactly easy with sdl1), smartcard-nss device can be
built as module and so on.

Also, how about on-demand module loading?  I see quite easy
way of doing so, first lookup in the currently registered
device/block-type list, and if not found, see if we have it
in one of known modules, try to load it if found.

I once did the 2nd thing but now things has changed in this
area so I'll have to redo it.

Thanks,

/mjt