qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/16] Migration pull request (v2)

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/16] Migration pull request (v2)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 12:37:45 +0100

On 11 May 2015 at 12:04, Amit Shah <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm wondering how Peter does his builds, and if he can share his
> recipes or build farms for maintainer trees (or just some -staging
> tree like the kernel).

https://git.linaro.org/people/peter.maydell/misc-scripts.git
and notably the remake-merge-builds script, which describes
the configs I build on my x86-64 box. I also build on OSX and
on a 32-bit ARM system. (This is all behind the local firewall
and I'm afraid I can't provide access to other people.)

The major thing is that buildbots which build for native x86-64
are almost useless, because everybody tests on that anyway.
Useful buildbots need to be building for the obscure cases:
 * OSX
 * 32-bit systems
 * ARM, PPC and other non-standard host architectures
 * clang
 * Windows
 * linux-user only and static-only builds

Unfortunately this implies maintaining an awkward build farm
full of devboards and other fragile hardware.

-- PMM