qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] About address mapping between host and guest in QEMU

From: Wenjie Liu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] About address mapping between host and guest in QEMU
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:31:33 +0800

Hi all,
I have a little problem about the address mapping between host and guest in QEMU.

I have got the guest physical address and the host virtual base address of guest's memory space which by check the ramblocks list.

So, can I access to the guest's memory content by simply add the guest physical address with the base?

For example, if the guest physical address of a guest memory request is 0x000000011f9ff000, and the host virtual base isĀ 0x00007f37ef122000, I am going to access the host virtual address 0x000000011f9ff000 + 0x00007f37ef122000.
Is this correct?

--

Best regards