qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Snapshot Bug?]Qcow2 meta data corruption

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Snapshot Bug?]Qcow2 meta data corruption
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 11:33:12 +0200

Am 03.04.2015 um 12:04 hat leijian geschrieben:
> Hi all,
>
> There was a problem about qcow2 image file happened in my serval vms and I
> could not figure it out,
> so have to ask for some help.
> [...]
> I think the problem is relate to the snapshot create, delete. But I cant
> reproduce it .
> Can Anyone give a hint about how this happen?

How did you create/delete your snapshots?

More specifically, did you take care to never access your image from
more than one process (except if both are read-only)? It happens
occasionally that people use 'qemu-img snapshot' while the VM is
running. This is wrong and can corrupt the image.

Kevin