qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU progress

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU progress
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 00:50:49 +0300

after completing the build procedures, I did a major cleanup in the code I
already added to the project.

the purpose was to clearly identify the modified code and to make future merges
as conflict-free as possible.

currently all added code is generally behind "#if
defined(CONFIG_GNU_ARM_ECLIPSE)" and some behind "#if defined(CONFIG_VERBOSE)",
with the original code preserved on the false branch.

the code has a fully functional semihosting support for ARM, using
-semihosting-cmdline to pass the command line.

the main additions are related to cortex-m support.

to minimise interactions with the existing code, cortex-m support is more or
less separated from the existing arm-v7m.

the purpose of the existing code is only to provide a framework where to add
code for new processors and new boards, not to provide a 100% complete
emulation of the supported boards, as Peter complained some time ago when I
announced the subproject.

my first priority is to make the emulator correctly run the projects generated
by the templates available in GNU ARM Eclipse (mainly the STM32 templates).

for this I'll soon merge the code written by Andre Beckus, and also take a look
at the code recently contributed by Alistair.

---

if Leon or someone else would like to work on the semihosting support and
decides to take a look at my code, please let me know if I can be of any help
(I remember there were several null pointers I had to fix to make the code
work).

my git fork is on sourceforge (git://git.code.sf.net/p/gnuarmeclipse/qemu), the
gnuarmeclipse-dev branch.

regards,

Liviu