qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Help for backport virtio to older kernel 2.6.18

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Help for backport virtio to older kernel 2.6.18
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:33:01 +0100

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 04:25:50PM +0800, Halsey Pian wrote:
> It seems that virtio disk driver is included in kernel version started from
> 2.6.32, but for 2.6.18 (using redhat5 as VM), we have to
> backport  the virtio  driver. And I found that there is a link in link below,
> but cannot be opened.  Could you provide help on it?

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 guests support virtio devices.  You should
not need to compile or backport anything for virtio-net or virtio-blk.

Please refer to the official documentation and support channels:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Virtualization/index.html

Stefan