qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for NetLogic XLP Processors

From: Duarte Silva
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for NetLogic XLP Processors
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:38:24 +0000

On Wednesday 25 March 2015 14:54:41 Leon Alrae wrote:
> On 25/03/2015 14:44, Leon Alrae wrote:
> > Hi Duarte,

> >> Hi James,
> >>
> >> thanks for the help :) I have tried with all the CPU's available. None of
> >> them worked, so I just leave it as undefined. It seems the offending
> >> instruction is "udi4".
> >>
> >> (...)
> >> IN:
> >> 0x765d1fa4:  udi4       a0,v0,zero,0x0
> >
> > According to this line you are trying to use MIPS32 CPU whereas I
> > presume you would like MIPS64R2? Please try 5KEf CPU for example which
> > is available in qemu-mips64 and qemu-mips64el QEMU binaries for big and
> > little endian respectively.
>
> I just noticed the QEMU version you are using and it doesn't contain
> 5KEf and 5KEc CPUs. Please try MIPS64R2-generic.
>
> Leon

Hi Leon,

have a look at the "binary-info.txt" file in the first e-Mail. It does use the
ELF magic for 32 bits ELF, not the 64 bits, that's why I get the following:

# chroot rootfs/ /usr/local/bin/qemu-mips64 -cpu MIPS64R2-generic /bin/sh
/bin/sh: Invalid ELF image for this architecture

Is there a way to force the execution of the binary even if the flag doesn't
match?

Also, if you have a look at the flags you get: noreorder, cpic, 32bitmode,
unknown CPU, o32, mips64r2. So, is it 64 bits or 32 bits ELF file?

Cheers,
Duarte