qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] One question to lowlevel/xl/xl.c and lowlevel/xc/xc.c

From: Chen, Tiejun
Subject: [Qemu-devel] One question to lowlevel/xl/xl.c and lowlevel/xc/xc.c
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:47:20 +0800

All guys,

Sorry to bother you.

I have a question to two files, tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xc/xc.c and tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xl/xl.c. Who is a caller to those methods like pyxc_methods[] and pyxl_methods[]? And how should we call these approaches?

In my specific case, I'm trying to introduce a new flag to each a device while assigning device. So this means I have to add a parameter, 'flag', into

int xc_assign_device(
    xc_interface *xch,
    uint32_t domid,
    uint32_t machine_sbdf)

Then this is extended as

int xc_assign_device(
    xc_interface *xch,
    uint32_t domid,
    uint32_t machine_sbdf,
    uint32_t flag)

After this introduction, obviously I should cover all cases using xc_assign_device(). And also I found this fallout goes into these two files. For example, here pyxc_assign_device() is involved. Currently it has two parameters, 'dom' and 'pci_str', and as I understand 'pci_str' should represent all pci devices with SBDF format, right?

But I don't know exactly what rule should be complied to construct this sort of flag into 'pci_str', or any reasonable idea to achieve my goal?

Thanks
Tiejun