qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC Proposal: ARM Virtualization Extensions

From: Merten Sach
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GSoC Proposal: ARM Virtualization Extensions
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:29:44 +0100

On 21/03/15 04:16, Sergey Fedorov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am currently working on AArch64 EL2 support. There is a plan to submit
> the changes to the community. Merten, IIUYC, you are going to support
> only AArch32 EL2?
>
> Best regards,
> Sergey

Hi

Yes, my intention is to focus on AArch32 as I'm more familiar with that
architecture.

Thanks for the insight into the current state. As I understand, some parts of
AArch64 and AArch32 EL2 modes share a some functionality. For example,
* VGIC - compatible
* Exception Routing - different interface but same function
* Pagetable format - implemented with LPAE
* Generic Timer - different interface but same function

Are these assumptions correct? I hope I didn't simplify it to much.

And also: does it make sense to work with your code? Are you planing to commit
the changes before May?

Would someone mentor this project?

Best regards,
Merten