qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fix for incorrect SYSRET instruction implementation --

From: Bill Paul
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fix for incorrect SYSRET instruction implementation -- anyone looked at this yet?
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 15:46:39 -0700

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Stefan Weil had to
walk into mine at 15:23:36 on Monday 09 March 2015 and say:

> Hi Bill,
>
> sending text only e-mails might help. Usually git send-email is better
> than using KMail or other mail software.

You know, I thought I was sending in plain text. Somewhere along the line
KMail lied to me.

> Use tools like git gui to get a correct signature. Any optional personal
> comments should come directly after
> the line with ---.

After? Or before?

> Could you please re-send your patch? Check it before
> sending with scripts/checkpatch.pl.
>
> Maybe this looks like much regulations to fix a bug, but some rules are
> necessary to keep a project
> like QEMU alive.

I'm going to send it once more because it was entirely my fault that my stupid
mailer kept sending in HTML mode, but that's it.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Member of Technical Staff,
                 address@hidden | Master of Unix-Fu - Wind River Systems
   "I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed." - George Carlin