qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Modeling a platform in QEMU

From: Arthur Krieger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Modeling a platform in QEMU
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:07:49 +0100

Dear QEMU developers,

I currently have problems getting started with the development in QEMU. What I want to know is where I start, if I want to emulate my own hardware with QEMU. It seems to me there is no real guide or tutorial for this? I started looking into the implementation of the versatile board, but it’s really hard to understand it this way to be honest. I’m not really getting the whole picture of how the software architecture looks like here and it seems nearly impossible to me to learn it by looking at the code.

Can someone maybe explain to me in an abstract way how I would start with developing my own platform, or give me a link to where I can find this information? This would help me out a lot. :)

Regards

Arthur