qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vmdk: improve streamOptimized vmdk support

From: Sunil Kumar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vmdk: improve streamOptimized vmdk support
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:44:12 +0000 (UTC)

I don't have a qemu dev test environment if that's what you mean. But I will
definitely be able to take a patch and test to see if the created
streamOptimized VMDK gets accepted by the ESXi server that I have here.

Thanks

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:54 AM, Fam Zheng <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 03/03 09:36, Milos Vyletel wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Sunil Kumar <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Any update on this Milos?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I did look at this yesterday and unfortunately it will be harder to
> adapt to new head as previously thought. Since the addition of
> next_cluster_sector (which is one of last Fam's comments in v3)
> writing to vmdk's revolve around sectors instead of offset and that
> does not work very well with streamOptimized format.
>
> I'm sorry but I don't think I'll have enough time to spend in near
> future to get this properly working. Plus I no longer have the test
> environment since I've changed jobs in the meantime.

I'll see if I can roll some patches later. :)

Sunil, do you have an environment to run the tests later?

Fam