qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/11] X86 patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/11] X86 patches
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 10:28:31 +0900

On 3 March 2015 at 02:10, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 02.03.2015 um 17:22 schrieb Peter Maydell:
>> On 3 March 2015 at 01:18, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I had some of Eduardo's alternative patches queued already and will look
>>> into fixing this mess...
>>
>> I can just revert the whole set if you like, since I haven't applied
>> anything else on top yet.
>
> On second thoughts after trying to revert individual bits, please do
> revert the full pull if still possible.

I've now done this.

IMPORTANT NOTE: if resubmitting a pull request which includes some
of these patches, you need to make sure that it's been rebased
on the revert-commit (0856579) or later, or otherwise ensure that
all the commits in the pullreq are different (different commit hashes)
from those in the reverted pullreq. Otherwise the merge will not
apply them because in git's view of history those commit hashes are
already present in master. (For a fuller explanation, see
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/howto/revert-a-faulty-merge.txt)

-- PMM